|Home||Features||HIBhub||FAQ||Blog||About ABR||Partners||Free Trial||Contact|
HIBster Anti-Bullying Software Program
Report incidents of harassment, intimidation and bullying
HIBster is an anti-bullying, web based software package that provides the ability to collect, organize, evaluate and generate reports for HIB incidents. The program allows users to follow procedures of the law electronically from one spot, making compliance with ABR much more feasible.
What does HIBster do?
- Collects incidents. When a student, parent, employee, volunteer or visitor wishes to report an incident, they may do so (annonymously) using either a form on the school’s website (see below) or a form included with the system. Incidents are also added manually by authenticated users. Then, the incident must be evaluated.
- Evaluates incidents. HIBster includes a tool that assists HIB specialists determine whether or not an incident is harassment, intimidation or bullying. This tool is simply an aid to the specialist and not to be used as an ultimate decision maker.
- Generates reports. The principal or administrator must then generate a report. There are different types of reports based on specific criteria (names, dates, location, etc). Completed reports are saved as
- Stores incidents and reports. Incident data and reports will be safely stored and protected on secure servers for up to 99 years, in case a report needs to be reviewed or examined.
- Manages tasks. So there is no confusion among users, HIBster organizes all required tasks as per the ABR. Users can mark when a task is due and when it has been completed, and be alerted when a deadline is approaching.
- Automates forms. HIBster eliminates the need to fill out additional paperwork by autofilling state forms, reports and documents.
- Identifies red flags. The program identifies repeat offenders and victims as well as incident “hot spots” (frequent locations for incidents). Users are alerted so that special attention can be paid to those individuals and areas.
- Sends automated phone calls. To reduce the number of phone calls to parents, HIBster sends automated messages directly to the phones of parents of the students involved. This message informs the parents that their child has been involved in a lower level incident, and they can learn more by going to the given web address.
The Advantages of HIBster
HIBster is the first anti-bullying software program that specializes in both incident management and harassment, intimidation and bullying prevention. As a result, the program keeps the HIB statute from becoming overwhelming or straining a school’s budget. Here are some of the reasons HIBster will help:
- Simplicity: Having one centralized powerhouse where all information sits lessens the chance of missing anything important. Its organization makes looking for particular incidents easier and reduces the chance of losing any information. The conformity makes it easier on the school districts and ensures superior accuracy.
- Saves time and energy: Again, there is just one place to go (your computer) to take care of the many tasks involved with ABR compliance. With HIBster’s automation features, the leg work of filling out forms and making phone calls is drastically reduced.
- Saves money: You could fill fifty offices (and beyond) with the amount of information this program can contain. Having this information stored digitally rather than physically saves thousands of dollars otherwise spent on paper, ink, files and storage.
- User-friendly. This is a simple and straightforward program. Users will have no problem finding their way around the interface, especially if they have our training manual in front of them.
- Secure. All information is safely protected on meticulously secure servers. HIBster ensures that nobody but authorized users will have access to sensitive information.
- Averts tragedies and lawsuits. HIBster’s red flag identifiers let users know which students require extra attention and which places should be monitored more closely. This helps avoid serious events and their resulting lawsuits, which could damage a school’s finances and reputation.
How are incidents received?
The following form can be placed on your school’s website so that students, parents, and members of the community may report incidents of bullying annonymously. These reports will be sent directly to representatives who will queue them into HIBster. From there, the incidents will be evaluated as to whether or not HIB behavior must be investigated. The individual who fills out this form may receive a copy to be sent to their own e-mail address so they may keep it in their own records.
A form located in the HIBster program provides another way to submit incidents which automatically lines up in the system’s queue. This method requires a username and password.
HIBhub is an online, interactive community for students, parents and guardians to visit for support and information. The site’s features include:
- Message Boards
- Live Group Chat
- Live Counselor Chat
- Team Scary Volunteer Program
- Learning Centre
- MMA Interviews
- Student Essays